Tuesday, October 26, 2010

los angeles, day 3





day three.

the big highlight was a visit to akbar cuisine of india in pasadena.

my camera did not cooperate so the photos were quite dark and i had to lighten them in photo shop.

here's my beautiful sister.

did i mention she is fabulous?






the food was amazing. the spices - cardamom, mace, ginger, mint, curry, tamarind - blew us all away.

a culinary feast not to be forgotten.

we ordered a variety of dishes and shared.

here are the balchoa scallops. delish.







here's the chicken kati roll.






and the samosas - stuffed with spicy curry potatoes and peas. my fave.

i didn't get pictures, but our entrees (along with a delicious chunky raita and garlic naan) included chicken tikka, coco lamb and vegetarian akbari with paneer (this was for me since i don't eat meat).

heaven!






afterward, we went across the street to pop, an ulta exclusive champagne and dessert bar.

my twinnie knows the owners, so we got amazing service.

this may look like a lot of champagne, but actually we just sipped and sampled. lushes we are not.

that's me on the far left, in case you can't tell me from my twinnie.






the real highlight was the peanut butter chocolate creme brulee. yeah, you heard that right.

it was ridiculous.






we all laughed a lot, and enjoyed just being together.






sisters!

don't forget to read about day one and day two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...