Monday, March 4, 2013

i am back.

it's been rough for me in recent months. life is very different than it was when i first started this blog, and the past two or three years, especially, have brought a lot of changes.

i'm divorced now, not something i thought i'd ever say. and with the economy and the pressures of work the way they are, and a rowdy-fantastic-hilarious 7-year-old to raise, life seems more demanding than it's ever been.

i'm stretched to my limit.

one thing that is different now is that i am managing my own money for the first time in 18 years and making all of my own household decisions. it's strange. i should feel empowered, but it's just been terrifying most of the time. (although i have to admit that conquering my grody clogged tub drain without help was pretty exciting. me: 1; tub: 0.)

with all the stress and changes that come with a divorce, i've neglected so many important aspects of my life—my body, my mind, and my spirit, to name a few.

but i am coming out of the dark.

i'm making some radical changes in my life, and i'm inviting you to come along for the ride. if you are looking for gorgeous photography, beautifully cooked plates of food, and instagrammed images of a hipster-cool blogstress writing odes to unicorns and rainbows, i can recommend some wonderful blogs. (i love them.)

but this ain't it.

let's go on this journey together and find out what life looks like on the other side. let's write our own next chapter.

ps: i reserve the right to change my mind about instagram shots and unicorn references.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...