Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Call me a recessionista



I've started shopping for toys at Goodwill. This Power Rangers mask (99 cents), along with a pirate ship (69 cents) and a stack of Beatrix Potter books came to less than $4.50 this weekend. With the way the "annual pay raise" situation is looking this year, I may be doing a lot more of this. But that's cool. Jack Henry loves his cheapy toys and hand-me-down books more than any of the expensive things we get him. You would think we would learn.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love goodwill! Not only do I donate there, but I have boughten things as well like the cream and sugar set to go with my asian teapot! And no one knows and no one cares! Its shouldn't matter about how much it cost or where you got it at but how it makes you feel!

jessica said...

That is a good idea, Joan. I'll have to check out Goodwill for toys when Reed gets a little older.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...