Monday, December 29, 2008

Cupcake deconstructed







Well, I made the giant cupcake for Hubz. A luscious orange cake that was moist and wonderful. I iced it up with orange cream cheese/butter cream icing and drowned it in sprinkles. We carved it and Hubz was pleased. Except for the sprinkles. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Too many sprinkles. And then I tasted it. The orange icing was WAY too orangey. I mean, super orangey. Too much of that new fancy orange extract. And so, I carved up the cake, removing all remembrance of the orangey blight and made new icing, a plain, non-orange cream cheese icing, which was lovely. Then I carved up what was left of the cake into two small rectangles and iced them. Perfect. Look below to see how it all went down. Hubz, for the record, thought the icing was fine. He watched me with some amusement, but by now he is used to my obsessive ways.

Happy Birthday Hubz! You are the light of my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...