Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy anniversary to us!


I'd love to post a wedding photo from 17 years ago. But no, my wedding photos are not in any kind of digital format, so you'll just have to imagine. Me, with my cascading permed curls, and a wreathe of flowers on my head, a simple Laura Ashley gown and a bouquet of pink roses. A little church in southwest Missouri, with our families by our side. Scott's childhood piano teacher Mrs. Endicott playing Beethoven as I walked down the aisle, hand in hand with my dad. My twin sister, inexplicably, sobbing the whole time.

When Scott took my hand to say our vows, I noticed his copper bracelet - a gift from his grandfather - peeking out from the cuff of his new gray suit. It made me smile; that's so him. When he gazed into my eyes, it was like I was the only girl on the planet, and I knew then it was forever. Seventeen years later I still love the guy like crazy. We're best friends, fiercely loyal, and each other's biggest fan. I guess that's why it works. Happy anniversary, baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...