Friday, April 11, 2008

BlackBerry Heaven


Thank goodness for my new BlackBerry Pearl. Not only is it sleek and sylish, but it came in quite handy when the tornado sirens went off today in Nashville. I'm no fool. While everyone else in my building packed into the hot, claustrophobia- inducing stairwell, I set up shop in the break room on the first garage level. Insulated and out of harm's way, I hunkered down with my new Pearl, watching the big green and red blob tear across the state. Oh, and there was a snack machine and restroom in there too. I figure if I'm going to die, I want to do it gripping my phone and a bag of Doritos. Turns out the tornado never materialized, but focusing on my BlackBerry kept me from going into a panic. The one thing I didn't worry about was Jack Henry's well-being. His daycare always does a superb job dealing with crisis. This is his third - count it - third tornado lockdown and he's only 2 1/2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...