Wednesday, May 20, 2015

getting settled: a quick update.

we each have small beds with simple white cotton bedding and soft gray blankets. the boy is pleased.
spa goodies from twinnie help the bathroom feel like a fancy hotel.
the courtyard is coming together. looks like a football field now, but it will have a water feature, fire pit (see the white brick far right), grills, tables and chairs, and I assume bocce ball. or croquet. i'll provide the latter two if need be.
the living room is currently in a state of disarray. so is the closet. boxes are unpacked, but it's not pretty. i'll need to pare down even further. observation: minimal living has not yet been achieved.
the kitchen is divine. love the deep sink and under-counter lighting.
Here's my night view from the bedroom: my beloved 90-year-old belcourt theatre. one of the few independent art house theaters left in the country. i just saw "Dior and I" there last weekend and it was terrific. Next up: "Iris."
So that's a quick update. We've been walking and/or riding bikes to school. And i walked to work today. The weather is perfect. I couldn't be more pleased with how the move turned out. I'm exhausted, and every bone in my body aches, but it was well worth it. I can see living here for a very long time to come. Acklen Flats is quickly becoming our new home, and it's fun to see the workmen adding finishing touches daily.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...