Monday, June 2, 2014

What's new at Blog of Joan: June 2, 2014

Hey, y'all! Alot's happened since last I posted. I mean, a lot.

During my self-imposed hiatus from Blog of Joan, my job has changed significantly. I'm editor of the Peabody Reflector now, and do all the press for the top-ranked Peabody College of education and human development at Vanderbilt. It's a huge challenge but I love it.

Besides that, I'm a Food Network addict, a culinary adventur-ess and an over-zealous (and occasionally OCD) dugout mom.

I've missed being here.

xoxo my darlings.
Played baseball. And loved it.
 
Played basketball. And liked it ok.

Went to second grade and got straight A's.
Turned 8 in September
Cheered for the Vanderbilt Commodores.

Celebrated 4 years as a vegetarian (Bi Bim Bap in Korea Town, Los Angeles) (Me, not JH: he's a meatasaurus)
Joined the Methodist Church.


Went to see Twinnie in South Pasadena.


Joined a creative writing group. Read publicly at bookstore (twice).
Explored Nashville's beautiful built environment (Shelby Street Bridge).
Heard the Nashville Symphony at the Schermerhorn.
Became proficient in dugout-mom-duties. "Winston, Ryan, Alex! You're on deck!"
   
just all baseball all the time, really.
Did a genealogy project for school.

Chris H. Yordy in Lederhosen.
Took selfies.


Saw Springsteen live.
Got all big teeth in.
Somewhere along the way, this 8.5 year old transformed into sleepy teenager. More to come.



2 comments:

Chris Fenoglio said...

Welcome back! Great photos.

Chris Fenoglio said...

Welcome back! My, how JH has grown. Don't cut his hair until after baseball season (never mess with a winning streak). :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...