Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thanksgiving memorabilia.





for as long as i can remember, there have been turkeys in my life. my grandparents owned and operated a turkey farm and i grew up amongst these smart and chatty birds.






here's my grandfather with the turkeys at the original farm. my cousin and his family run the operation now.






i like getting out my grandmother's relics this time of year.

i'm not sure on the exact use of this. i am guessing it is some kind of hors d'ouvres platter, and you're supposed to put toothpicks in the holes in the turkey. if anyone knows, please chime in.

in any case, i love the retro '70s green.






here are two more turkeys. again - the proper use of them eludes me. one seems to be for holding cream, and the other has those ubiquitous tooth pick holes.






i'm working today. and tonight, we have lower bowl tickets to the predators hockey game, so i guess i won't be shopping for my thanksgiving comestibles until thanksgiving morning.

guess that's one of the benefits of living in a loft apartment that is attached to a grocery market.

pray they're not out of tofurkeys.

peace, and enjoy your day. i'm thankful for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm... tofurkey !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...