Thursday, June 25, 2009

Comes an echo on the breeze ...


We're off to Illinois, my home state, place of my birth, for the annual family gathering. One of the wonderful things we'll do is catch up with old friends, including these, Chris, Diane and Jackie, pictured here with Jean and I, our beloved dog Trixie and our treasured monkeys. no dolls for us, no way. we liked the monkeys - dressed them. pierced their ears and bundled them up like babies.

Recently, Jack Henry has taken a big interest in my old monkey, Punch, whom he sleeps with at night. Who could have imagined when this picture was taken, that 30-something years later a little boy in Tennessee would snuggle this old monkey's ragged neck and wrap her up in baby blankets and kiss her good night? Not me.

Left to right: Jackie, Me, Diane, Chris and my twinnie Jean (seated, with Trixie)

PS If you can identify the origin of the words in the headline, I'll come up with a prize for you.

3 comments:

kroc said...

Illinois state song my friend!

Hope you guys have a wonderful and safe trip

editor said...

You are correct! I'll get a little something for you in ill.

Kelle said...

have fun on your trip! thank you for all the sweet comments you've been leaving! i love them! oh, and punch is a vintage treasure! love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...