Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Behind the scenes


I have waxed eloquent about my california trip, but I haven't told you everything. Here are a few behind the scenes moments that I didn't include while blogging last week.

When I baked cupcakes for nephew Isaiah's third birthday party, a knob on the Kitchen Aid broke in two and fell into the mixture. Half of it was baked into a cupcake, and the other half wound up in the icing. Thankfully nobody choked or broke a tooth.

Before Jean and I went to a 1 1/2 hour long yoga class we ate very spicy thai food and then went to a health food place and had "cleanse" drinks. Yeah. Then went to yoga. Let's just say I didn't make it all the way through the class without a mad dash to the locker room.

Just before going to California I got my hair done and my eyebrows waxed. Unfortunately my stylist waxed off half my eyebrow and I had to pencil it in for the entire trip (it's still growing back.)

While watching Slumdog Millionaire, I kept my composure. As they rolled the final credits and did the traditional bollywood cast dance segment I started sobbing hysterically.

Jean's husband Rupert was delegated to the couch and Jean and i shared the king size sleep number bed. An awesome bed, by the way. Thanks, Rupe.

Jean and I did not play any tricks while there, but we did dress alike when we went to her office and did our make-up identically. It was fun freaking people out. I had forgotten the fun you can have when you're an identical twin.

Jean and I swore we would not overachieve on Isaiah's birthday party (as we are so known to do). That's why we didn't serve caviar. Mimosas? Yes. Bruscetta? Yes. Fresh tapenade and mozarella balls? Fresh flowers, crystal stemware and silver champagne buckets? Of course. But no caviar.

Before packing to come home, I made a pile of clothes to wash but never got around to washing them. Jean threw them in the laundry basket and I wound up coming back to nashville without all my favorite clothes, including my beloved Silver Suki Jeans. (which, incidentally, jean loved too. Coincidence?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...