Friday, January 16, 2009

A belated "best of list" for 2008 - UPDATED


Here are some of the best things, places, products, etc., I stumbled upon in 2008. May 2009 yield even greater discoveries.

Cupcakes.
For me, 2008 was all about the cupcake. And I don't expect that to change any time soon. Locally, me likes Cuppycakes. But Curious Cupcake and Cupcake Collection also totally rock.

Blogging.
It's like having your own newspaper column, without one of those pesky editors telling you what to write about. And it's all about me! Me! ME!

Google Analytics.

A great tool to use while obsessing over how many people, exactly, are reading my blog.

Secret clinical strength deoderant.

I'm not gonna lie. I sweat like a 400 pound UPS driver in July. And this works. Period. And it comes in unscented.

Renee Smith at The Loft.
The salon is chic and cozy at the same time, and Renee always gives good cut and color. Love her!

Crabtree and Evelyn Comforting Body Night Cream with relaxing lavender and rosewood essential oils.
Soft, creamy, rich. I keep it at my desk to combat the dreaded winter hand chap.

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation.
Never heavy, yet covers all flaws. Dare I say, it's a miracle!

Bombay Palace.
Best Indian food I've had in Nashville.

MAC eye make-up.
Buh-bye Bobbi Brown, I'm a MAC girl now (except for the Mary Kay foundation). Especially LOVE the Dazzle mascara. It's changed my life.

Sushiyobi Nashville.

A hip, cool sushi place that (sorry Ken!) puts Ken's drab interior to shame. And Sushiyobi's rolls are bigger and fluffier than my beloved Ken's.

BlackBerry Pearl.

Great for mobile blogging, photo taking, and it even works as a phone.

Jack's Big Music Show.
On Noggin - the cutest puppets ever. Muppets wish they had this much style. (pictured above)

Nashville Clothing Company.

Cute. Hip. Trendy. Friendly. Just don't try shopping for Hubz there. He does not so much enjoy. I, however, found my favorite jeans there. And they are ...

Suki Silver Jeans.
Dark wash, soft as velvet, as comfortable as sweats but keep their shape. You can dress them up or down. I wish I could wear them every day! Oh, wait! I practically do!

Suburban Turmoil.
One of the funniest mommy bloggers around, Lindsay Ferrier cracks me up with her funny, insightful, no holds-barred approach to parenting - both on her blog and in the CityPaper.

This fabulous Banana Republic scarf.
Isn't it wonderful? So soft! It makes the winter weather bearable, even enjoyable.

Gibson's Donuts.

Holy crap, these are good. The drive to Memphis is totally worth it.

Percolated Coffee
Thanks, Mom, for picking up this bargain - it's a keeper!

Flip Video Mino.
Tiny. Cute. Simple to use. Awesome quality videos.

That's all for now. If I can think of more I'll do a second installment. What are your favorite discoveries of 2008?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

by Don Davidson said...

My favorite discovery of 2008 was the (formerly known as) Yordy twins: Cute. Hip. Trendy. Friendly. Chic and cozy at the same time. Funny, insightful, no holds-barred approach. Dare I say, they're a miracle!

editor said...

i like you a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...