Thursday, October 30, 2008

A dream revisited


I found by accident Alanna's Blog, a Toronto-based artist who has been published in Real Simple, The New York Times and others. Her work reminds me of a childhood dream. Long before I ever knew I would be a writer, I wanted to be a magazine illustrator (try not to think about the awful raccoon drawing in my previous post!). I used to spend hours sketching tall, thin women in party dresses and fur stoles, copied straight from the illustrations on my mom's Simplicity sewing patterns. Alas, is it too late?

Alanna is obsessed with the AMC show Mad Men, which I also find fascinating and visually stunning.



















Here are a few more of her illustrations.
































































Brilliant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...