Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Redheads: the new minority?


It seems that the children's TV networks are trying a little too hard these days to work a redhead into every show, I mean, how do you account for Leo on "Little Einsteins," Norman on "Fireman Sam," Andrew on "Little Bill," Darby on "My Friends Tigger and Pooh," Maggie on Maggie and the Ferocious Beast and Patty on Sprout's "Sharing Show?" Oh, and don't forget Caillou's little sister Rosie as well as his best friend Leo and Leo's mom -- all flaming redheads. Seems odd to make such an effort to include this pseudo-minority group, though I'm not putting forth any conspiracy theories. I should say, however, growing up a redhead myself, I am thankful to have the representation.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Ouch.

editor said...

How insensitive of me. I will take off that part about the Canadian accent. I'm one to talk - my midwest accent is the worst!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...