Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What a difference a day makes

Thanks to a little help from my friends, I think Jack Henry has been diverted away from the path to early juvenile delinquency. We have tried some new techniques and they seem to be working. We have instituted the "naughty step" which is basically a spot for him to sit until he stops crying, pouting, yelling, or whatever. We also are having lots of conversations with him about behavior, and are using activities like watching cartoons or having a treat as a reward for good behavior (rather than him just getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants.) Thanks especially to Sheryl and Kelly, who talked me off my ledge yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today Winnie hit me, and Todd said, "Go sit on the naughty step right now!" and he did! I was pretty surprised! I went over and told him what he did wrong and why he was there, and said he had 2 mins on the step. He cried and ended up on the floor instead of the step, but at the end he said he was sorry and hugged me. Amazing...

editor said...

maybe we can do this after all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...